The Student News Site of Lee's Summit High School

Look below to see the types of drinks, and their nutrition value.

Which Fall Starbucks Drink is Right for You?

Summer has ended and school is back in session. It is evident in the huffs of impatient drivers.

Waiting at the intersection of 291 and Blue Parkway, and the drooping eyelids of teens whose last full night of sleep was August 13th. However, summer’s end does have its perks: one such benefit is Starbucks’ new fall menu. Whether students need a strong taste of caffeine to get them through the day or just want something sweet to reward themselves for getting out of bed, Starbucks has a drink to meet their need with an autumn-inspired twist to remind them that this season isn’t all bad.

Pumpkin Spice Latte
This familiar favorite is more evocative of Christmas than Fall, in that it holds a lot of memories and seems to start earlier each year. If a student desires to be transported back to the days of UGGs and Tumblr they will not be disappointed by the Latte. It has the same delicious pumpkin pie flavor. However, those who seek to be more adventurous in their coffee orders should read on for a more modern take on the iconic drink that just might become a new classic. (3/5 stars)

Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
With the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew customers get the best of both worlds. The light pumpkin foam provides a sweet, festive flavor without overshadowing the bold taste of cold brew coffee. On top of being delicious, the drink is also aesthetically pleasing. It is satisfying to watch as the cold cream gradually mixes with the coffee creating cloud-like swirls. This drink is ideal for those who want in on the limited-time flavor but do not want anything overly sweet. (5/5 stars)

Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino
For those who wish coffee was a little lower down on the ingredient list or are a little worn out on pumpkin flavoring, there is the Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino. The first sip of this drink is a chocolate flavoring, reminiscent of cocoa pebbles, that has sunk to the bottom of the cup; the next layer is a chilly mixture typical of Starbucks’ frozen drinks including milk, syrup, caramel sauce, and yes, a little bit of coffee too. The concoction is topped off with whipped cream and sprinkled with a sea salt topping. For those who crave ice cream but need an energy boost, Starbucks has your back with the caffeinated sundae of your dreams. (2/5 stars)

Pumpkin Spice Latte Grande
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Grande
Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino Grande

Hi-Life Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Hi-Life Online Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *