Easy Enrollment

An inside look at this year’s enrollment process, how it is going, and how it differs from previous years

In years prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, enrollment was a very simple, very quick process. Students would simply go to their advisories, fill out all of the necessary forms, and be on with their classes after a few advisory days. However, with COVID-19 taking place, the process has become slightly more difficult.

“It was really sort of strange. I thought it would be exactly the same as before, but it was not. It took a bunch of advisory days,” junior Connor Williams said. 

With many students having changed advisories and some having no advisory at all, it has become more complicated to simply enroll for the fall of 2021 than it would have been in past years.

“I was kind of confused. During hybrid, our advisor was our 4th hour teacher, which is something I got used to. But now we jumped back to our old advisors,” junior Blake Harmon said.

With total uncertainty surrounding not only school but the world, it is no wonder some students had a difficult time choosing their classes for next year. The future of many students has become foggy and confusing.

I really do not know what I want to do anymore. I did not have a complete plan or anything, but I had some ideas. Now with COVID changing things all the time, it is hard to set a plan in stone.

— Connor Williams

“I really do not know what I want to do anymore. I did not have a complete plan or anything, but I had some ideas. Now with COVID changing things all the time, it is hard to set a plan in stone,” Williams said.

So many students are now stuck in a sort of purgatory, stuck between trying to figure out what would be best for their education, and what would be best for their lives during COVID.

“I feel now more than ever that I need to get a job and start working hard. I do not know when things are going to go back to normal, and I feel like I need a source of income,” Harmon said.

With LSHS not truly knowing what will happen with this pandemic in the future, it is clear to see why enrollment has been slightly trickier. Hopefully, next semester will be slightly brighter.