Tayla Haskell

Tayla+Haskell

Addison Ditamore

Sophomore Tayla Haskell shares some of the most important parts of her life.

“I started swimming around six years old and something that kept me going is my teammates,” Haskell said.

A major factor of any sport is the bond between every single teammate.

“They are very fun and supportive, and when I was younger we would go have our swim meets outside and the feeling of that was really fun,” Haskell said. 

I started swimming around six years old and something that kept me going is my teammates.

— Tayla Haskell

Many students do extracurricular activities and sports, and it often helps them throughout their high school years.

“Something it’s taught me is to definitely make friends and manage your time too, because if you don’t manage it then you won’t have enough time for swimming,” Haskell said

High school and sports can definitely guide the way to be successful in life and to new steps and opportunities to reach someone’s goals.

“Something I would want to study is photography and maybe journalism, or something that includes photography. Also, maybe cosmetology,” Haskell said. 

Tayla’s plan after high school is to attend college and focus on the things she possibly wants a career in, like cosmetology.

“It interests me because I always grew up not being able to cut my hair so I had to have my mom do it or go to the salon. Something I’d want to do in the future is to cut hair or dye hair.” Haskell said