Categories:

Tiger Spotlight: Brayden Laymen

Tiger Spotlight: Brayden Laymen

Everyone knows the starting quarterback of the football team; the play starts with him, he dictates how the game goes through the play, but who is he under the helmet? Brayden Layman is a Senior here at Lee’s Summit High School who happens to play Quarterback. 

“I have played quarterback since I was 4 years old, so it has been a rock throughout my life. Throughout hard times in my life I could always rely on football being there. However, I was not naturally gifted with talent. I was the 3rd string on B-team in 8th grade and started off 2nd string on B-team freshmen year. After that I really started to shift my mentality and work for what I wanted. Ever since then I never looked back. ” Brayden Layman said. 

However Brayden is much more than a football player he is a son, a brother, an uncle, and a friend. 

“Having my friends and family to always have my back and support me has helped me grow as a person and an athlete.” Layman said.

Brayden is loved by his friends and peers who sing his praises. One of his best friends is his very own left guard and fellow senior Kale Vanpelt. 

“Me and Brayden became friends in the sixth grade playing football together and ever since he has been a great friend being there for me through thick and thin and I trust him and he trusts me and we’ve made for a great friendship for about seven

years now.” Vanpelt said.

Brayden is also a great student having a grade point average of 4.0. 

“Brayden was a great student, being attentive in class, paying attention and turning things in on time just being a model student.” Math Teacher Presseler said.

Although he isn’t just a football player, he has used football as an outlet to be a leader for many people. 

“Brayden demonstrates leadership through his actions, and the way he carries himself. He’s the first one here and the last one to leave. You know during the summer you have to be here pretty darn early to be able to beat in through the door. He also knows everything he studies all the time he watches films. He gets what we’re trying to do, and the little things about going to class, being on time, doing the things you’re supposed to be doing throughout your day he just takes care of that as well.” Offensive Coordinator Benny Palmer said.

Brayden has his eyes set on continuing his playing career at the collegiate level. “I have got quite a few offers now to play in college, which has always been my dream. However, it has become quite stressful deciding where I want to play the next 4 years.” Brayden Layman said.