Conspiracy Column: Malaysia Flight 370

How could a plane just disappear in the middle of the Indian Ocean?


Jordan Copsey

Most people know about the disappearance of Malaysia flight 370, but nobody knows what really happened. Flight 370 disappeared in March 2014 after leaving Kuala Lumpur to go to Beijing. With 227 passengers and 12 crew members, how could a plane just disappear in the middle of the Indian Ocean? To calm the people, it was said that the plane just crashed into the Indian Ocean, but that might not be all true. If Flight 370 had hit the ocean from that high, it would’ve been like throwing the plane at a brick wall. It would have broken into thousands of smaller pieces, and some would float. Wouldn’t those little floating pieces wash up onto the shores of nearby areas?

Three minutes after making its last contact with the airlines at 1:21 A.M., Flight 370 had vanished from both radars. This could only mean the transponder wasn’t working. There were not many clouds, which means the transponder was manually turned off in the plane. However, the military radar was able to track them. This is where things start to go south. The plane turned a little to the right, then took a sharp turn left facing southwest. The plane flew right back over the Malaysia peninsula and went up in altitude by a few thousand feet. At 1:52, it took another turn and went across the strait of Malacca. The last guaranteed location was at 2:22, right before it went off all ground radars. The last hope was that the plane was still on satellite connections. Through the satellite, they could see they took another strange turn going almost directly south and stayed on that path for approximately five hours. The plane was an hour late to Beijing. Malaysia airlines was notified of the missing plane. A search and rescue report was sent out, but little did they know, the plane was still in flight. Around 8:20 A.M., they sent a log-on request for the plane to the company Immerstat. Immerstat called back, but with no answer. By now, the plane had been in flight for 7 hours, and they would be running out of fuel shortly. 

The estimated time of the crash was between 8:19 and 9:15 A.M. It is assumed the plane crashed several kilometers west of Australia. Over a year later in July 2015, a wing flaperon washed up on the beaches of Reunion. This proves the flaps weren’t extended, meaning when the plane crashed, it entered into a vertical dive. By January 17, 2017, the official search was suspended. Still, no more of the plane has been found, and there are many unanswered questions as to what really happened.