The Student News Site of Lee's Summit High School

Hi-Life Online

Hi-Life Online

Hi-Life Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Zoie Lee: In the Spotlight

Zoie Lee: In the Spotlight

She steps to the front of the stage, the warm lights comfort her, and she takes a deep breath, ready for a performance she has spent countless hours preparing for.

“Dance is a huge part of my life. I don’t know who I would be without it. No matter what I love the performing arts on or off the stage,” sophomore Zoie Lee said.

Zoie portrayed multiple roles in a recent performance of The Wizard of Oz, put on by the local Heart of America Dance Center. Some of these roles included a Poppy Flower, and Emerald City Dancer, and the Scarecrow.

“All the dancers in the show worked vigorously on technique and the show itself. It was a wonderful performance,” Lee said.

Apart from dance, Zoie spends her time co-heading the makeup crew for the The Little Mermaid, as well as being a member of the Preludium choir.

“Doing makeup for The Little Mermaid is tough. It’s very intricate, but very fun to design and apply,” Zoie said.

Despite being co-head for makeup, dancing at least four hours everyday, and attending Preludium rehearsals, Lee is enrolled in all advanced courses and has achieved straight A’s.

“Sometimes the homework is really stressful, but I still make it work and get everything done on time,” Lee said.

Zoie Lee has put measureless amounts of effort into preforming arts, and has truly found her home in the theatre.